Home Cover #Update# Breaking: End Insecurity Protest turn Bloody in Kano

#Update# Breaking: End Insecurity Protest turn Bloody in Kano


By Yakubu Salisu, Kano

A peaceful protest with the hashtag #EndInsecurityNow organized by Coalition of Northern Groups, CNG, came to an abrupt end today in Kano after suspected hoodlums launched an attack on protesters demanding an immediate end to insecurity in Northern Nigeria injuring many.

Speaking to news men on the unfortunate incidence, Dr. Muhammad Bello Nawaila, convener of the protest disclosed that not less than 40 participants of the protest sustained injuries as a result of the attack by the hoodlums who disrupt the protest some 500m from take off point in Kabuga area of the state.

He said, the protest was expected to kick start at Kabuga Quarters and terminate at Gidan Murtala before the hoodlums disrupt the protest which was accompanied by four security patrol vehicles.

According to Bello, the hoodlums initially approached them as if they were supporters and were trying to give them pure water “suddenly, what we saw next was cutlasses, inflicting degrees of injury on my members.

“They dispersed us. They created a chaotic situation. What surprise us was that in the movement, we got security backing, two patrol vehicles of the police were at the front and two at the back.

But in the process of the attack by the hoodlums we could not find the security operatives. It was after we have been injured that the police now resurfaced” he added.

He further stated that it would be recalled, before now that their leader, Nastura Ashir Sharif, was abducted for convening a peaceful protest on same issue sometimes back in Katsina.

Get Connected Without Data on Facebook

“We would continue with the protest until President Muhammadu Buhari listen to our calls. If within three days, the #EndSARS protest can lead to SARs ending, we would continue until President Buhari take a bold step and keep Nigeria safe,”.

However, the injured victims have since been moved to undisclosed hospital for medical attention.

Efforts to get police reaction on the matter proved abortive as the command’s Public relation officer, DSP Abdullahi Haruan Kiyawa didn’t answer calls put across to him and neither returned the calls till the time of filing in this report.

Receive Alerts On:
 Facebook: MetroDailyNG, Twitter: @MetroDailyNG

Share Your Stories With Us:
Email: info@metrodailyng.com


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here