Connect with us

Crime

Wife teams up with boyfriend, breaks husband’s head

Published

on

A husband who sighted his wife coming out of a brothel with a man suspected to be her boyfriend got the beating of his life, leading to a broken skull.

The incident happened in Owerri on Monday.

An eye witness alleged that the husband stopped and alighted from his car when he saw his wife coming out of the brothel with a man, and engaged her in a fight.

The suspected boyfriend, identified as Okey, reportedly came to the woman’s defence, in the course of which he reportedly hit the husband with a club, breaking his head in the process.

The brothel, situated at Amaigbo Street in Owerri, is adjacent to the Enugu Electric Distribution Corporation at Royce Road, Owerri.

The woman, said to be a mother of three and in her early 30s, reportedly had a problem with her husband on Sunday, after which she allegedly left the home.

The brothel owner and some call girls reportedly mediated in the fight.

Lamenting, the woman’s husband said, “I had an issue with my wife, which started late Saturday night.

“She asked me for money to buy a dress, which I did not have. I told her to calm down and that the remaining school fees of our children had to be first settled.

“She did not agree, but rather started nagging. Little did I know that she was planning to move out.

“I called her number several times, but it was switched off. I was only driving past the area when I saw my wife with another man in such an unholy place.

“I got to meet this Okey for the first time today, as I had always heard my wife conversing with him on phone. When I queried her, she said he was her business partner.”

Meanwhile, the woman has expressed regrets for marrying her husband, who she identified as Jerry.

She said, “Since I married him, he has never supported me in anything.

“He does not take good care of me. Each time I raised issues about my needs, he told me to wait. In fact, I am tired of the marriage.”

The man was later treated in a nearby patent medicine store.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

How F-SARS nabbed Imo most wanted kidnappers

Published

on

F-SARS operatives

F-SARS operatives

Wild jubilation erupted in Owerri, Imo State capital, following reports that the operatives of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the State Police Command had arrested two most wanted armed robbers and kidnappers in the state.

The suspects, Chinedu Nwoke, popularly known as Assa, 32, and Uzoma Okafor, 30, were arrested in Owerri on Saturday.

A senior police source said that the suspects were overpowered at the Control Post axis in Owerri after a gun duel with the F-SARS operatives.

The source said, “We have arrested the most wanted kidnappers, armed robbers and murderers in town; Chinedu Nwoke, popularly known as Assa, is 32 years old and he is from Ezioha Umuduru in the Oru East Local Government Area of Imo State.

“The other suspect is Uzoma Okafor of Number 10, Old Nekede Road, Owerri. They were arrested at Control Post Roundabout by the F-SARS operatives following a tip-off.

“On sighting the F-SARS Commander, CSP Victor Godfrey, and his men, the kidnappers, who had been wanted by the police for a long time, opened fire, but they were overpowered.

“One locally made pistol with two unexpended cartridges and one expended cartridge were recovered. A black Nissan Pathfinder with registration number – KTU 824 FD – was also recovered.

“It is very important to note that during the gun battle, the suspects sustained gunshot injuries. They have been taken to a hospital for medical attention.

“One of the suspects, popularly known as Assa, had allegedly committed many crimes. He is alleged to have killed four persons identified as Orufe, Ogbuno, Obarammuo and Kwabaiko. He was said to have attacked and killed policemen in Oru East in the past.”

Confirming the development, the state Commissioner of Police, Dasuki Galadanchi, said that the community policing strategies of the Inspector General of Police, which he said was being implemented by his Command, were yielding fruits in the state.

Continue Reading

Crime

NSCDC arrest fake soldier in Kaduna

Published

on

NSCDC operatives

NSCDC operatives

Operatives of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Kaduna State Command, on Tuesday arrested a fake soldier with Nigerian Army uniforms and Police beret in Kaduna metropolis.

The Commands Public Relations Officer, Orndiir Terzungwe, disclosed this in a press statement in Kaduna.

According to the statement, the suspect who gave his name as James Abelagi Tersoo, 25, was apprehended during a stop and search operations along Jos Road in Kaduna.

The suspect who claimed to be working with a private guard (name withheld), was heading to Kakuri area of the metropolis when he was arrest.

“When searched, his bag contained one pair of Nigerian Army Camouflage, Black boot, one Green Beret with police crest and two belts (black and white).

“The operatives who escorted the suspect to his residence located at Jos
Road during investigation, also recovered another pair of Army Camouflage uniform, two camouflage jungle hats and one pair of Army Uniform.

“Other items recovered are one Army winter cap, one Army neck Muffler, two Army knee guard, one Army cardigan, two Army Crested T-Shirts and a pair of private guard uniform.”

Terzungwe said the State Commandant of the corps, Mr Madu Bunu, had on Sunday, ordered full deployment of officers and men of the command to ensure law and order and enforcement of 24 hour curfew imposed on Kaduna town and environs.

The curfew followed upsurge of violence in some parts of Kajuru, Chikun, Kaduna-North and South and Igabi Local Government Areas.

“In the interest of peace and stability, Bunu, restates call on parents and guardians to warn their children and wards to be law abiding and desist from all forms of crime.”

He also called on traditional and religious leaders to caution their
followers against indulging in any act capable of destroying the peace
measures put in place by government.

He warned that anyone who disobeys the order and is arrested will face
appropriate sanctions.

Continue Reading

Crime

Computer engineer rapes woman at gunpoint

Published

on

A prisoner

A prisoner

A 23-year-old man Emmanuel Okafor, will spend the next 36 days in remand, for allegedly raping a 21-year-old woman at a gunpoint, an Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos has ruled.

Okafor was remanded in Kirikiri Prison on Tuesday pending an advice from the State Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).

The Chief Magistrate, Mr K.O. Ogundare, directed that the case file be sent to the DPP for advice.

The accused, who resides at No. 42, Adeola St., By Johnson Bus-stop, Itire, Lagos, is being tried for rape, conspiracy and robbery.

Earlier, Police Prosecutor, Edet Akadu, had told the court that Okafor committed the offences with others still at large on Oct. 13 at an uncompleted building along Michael Ogun St., Surulere, Lagos.

Akadu said that the accused accosted the woman, lured her to an uncompleted building and had an unlawful sexual intercourse with her at a gunpoint.

“Okafor and his accomplices also robbed the victim of her valuables such as gold earrings valued at N60, 000, IPhone 7 plus valued at N170, 000 at gunpoint.

“The accused collected the woman’s ATM card and withdraw N70, 000 from her account, while his accomplices were with her at the uncompleted building at a gunpoint.

The offences contravened Sections 260, 411 and 297 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.

The plea of the accused was not taken. The magistrate adjourned the case until Nov. 28.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Metro Daily Nigeria. Design by Kwaifa Web Solutions, powered by WordPress.