The military has released the photographs of another set of wanted 55 Boko Haram terrorists. This brings the number of terrorists on the military’s wanted list to 257.
At the headquarters of the Theatre Command in Maiduguri, Borno State where he unveiled the photographs of the insurgents on Monday, the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen Gabriel Olonisakin, appealed to Nigerians to assist the military fish out the terrorists.
He said: “With this launch of additional photographs of wanted Boko Haram terrorists, it is hoped that all members of the public and other peace-loving citizen will provide useful information that will aid in riding the society of these terrorists and criminal elements.”
Earlier, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen Tukur Buratai, said that several of the 202 terrorists earlier declared wanted had either been killed or arrested during operations.
Buratai said: “We have earlier in the course of our campaigns against the insurgents from late 2015 published two editions, comprising 202 individuals that have been identified, key members of the Boko Haram insurgents.
“In the course our counter insurgency operations, quite a significant number of these wanted terrorists have either been killed or arrested.
“Those arrested have been providing useful information that has assisted the Nigerian army undertake successful operations,” he said.